Our consultants are registered on behalf of the company with the HSE under the Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register (OSHCR). The aim of this register is to help businesses find advice on managing their general health and safety risks. The register is only open to those health and safety consultants who have met certain standards within their professional bodies.
Companies that retain the services of Construction Safety (CS) Ltd are entitled to the following (also available to non-retained companies at an agreed fee):
- A health and safety policy template and updates as required, (assistance would be offered to tailor this to the company requirements within the realm of our competency)
- Help with health and safety compliant questionnaires including CHAS, Constructionline, Safecontractor and SMAS, etc
- Access to a library of documentation via our website client login, including generic assessments, noise and vibration assessments, method statements, permits to work, toolbox talks, etc. (Site-specific assessments and method statements would be at an agreed fee.)
- Access to and advice with all health and safety inspection forms and other pro-forma. Health and safety Advice and training at Construction Safety
- Health and safety advice and support via telephone, email or post
- Periodic health and safety information obtained from various bodies, including the HSE
- Advice on compliance form filling, for inclusion on preferred tender lists
- A periodic health and safety circular/newsletter
- Emergency assistance in the event of serious accidents and enforcement authority visits, and advice and assistance with accident investigation and reporting
- Advice on CDM compliant documentation and if requested, assistance with health and safety plans at an agreed fee
- Access to numerous training courses, (Plant/machinery would be through an established training provider)
- Health and safety training at a reduced price, (at a location to suit your convenience) including scaffold inspection, abrasive wheels, manual handling, on site toolbox talks etc
- A certificate to confirm that your company retains the services of Construction Safety (CS) Ltd. Clients are entitled to use our company name and supporting information for tender submissions, (as long as they remain in credit), to demonstrate that they have access to health and safety advice and support
- CDM Services
- Site and workshop inspections
We also provide assistance with the following accreditation schemes:CHAS is a national database of contractors who have completed a Health and Safety assessment and demonstrated adequate compliance and management standards. This enables them to work on local authority as well as other members’ contracts, subject to approval of other checks such as financial integrity.
The scheme has two main aims:
- To improve Health and Safety in small to medium sized businesses
- To reduce the need for repeated completion of Health and Safety forms when applying to members’ approved lists or tenders
CHAS client membership consists of local authorities, housing associations, NHS trusts, major contractors and blue chip companies nationwide. Once a contractor has been assessed and approved with one member, they can be accepted by any other signed up to CHAS.
Safecontractor is an accreditation scheme that assesses the health and safety competency of contractors and service providers.
Customers have a legal obligation to ensure that external contractors and service providers working on their premises operate in a safe way. There is therefore a need to assess contractor’s health and safety arrangements and increasingly this is being carried out through Safecontractor, with many large organisations using it as their primary selection criterion.
Exor delivers business opportunities and procurement efficiencies by bringing together suppliers and buyers. It has worked with thousands of large and small suppliers for over ten years to ensure they are compliant and help them to win business.
Exor’s range of procurement and compliance services helps the private and public sectors as well as individual customers, to make informed choices – enhancing business performance.
Constructionline is the UK register of pre-qualified construction services. Our accreditation makes it unnecessary for prospective customers to carry out the traditional vetting processes, and for prospective suppliers to check our credentials elsewhere. It saves all parties time, cost and resource.
SMAS is a member of Safety Schemes in Procurement, SSIP. We are a H&S Assessment organisation that takes great pride in our professionalism, customer service and efficiency.
Working with many of the major UK housebuilders we have developed experience and expertise in new build construction but we also deal with many other construction organisations.